Abun-Da-Voe (Above the voe)
This quality, spacious, two-storey Scandinavian-style property is situated in the sparsely populated, picturesque village of Cunningsburgh, with stunning views overlooking Aithsvoe, the pleasure boat Marina and the Island of Mousa with its spectacular pre-historic broch. The quiet, coastal location is ideal for fishing (including sea trout in Aithsvoe), birdwatching and hillwalking with breathtaking views and wildlife in abundance visible from the property itself!
The local amenities, including the community hall, play park and public service bus stop, are all within easy walking distance, while the neighbouring village of Sandwick boasts a modern municipal swimming pool, shop/bakery/Post Office and Visitor Centre/Cafe - from Sandwick pier you can take the ferry to visit the island of Mousa and it's famous broch.
Slightly further south are the renowned Iron Age villages of Jarlshof and Old Scatness and many attractive beaches, including Spiggie and St Ninian's Isle, are also within easy reach.
Abun-Da-Voe (Shetland dialect for 'Above The Voe') is the perfect countryside base from which to explore Shetland with the capital, Lerwick, only a 15-minute drive to the north and Sumburgh Airport a 20-minute drive to the south.
Abun-Da-Voe ... a “home from home” in the perfect coastal location - we look forward to welcoming you to Shetland.
The property has been finished to a very high standard and has recently been fully refurbished with solid wood/leather furnishings.
- Spacious entrance vestibule with comfortable seating area and storage cupboard.
- Large modern bathroom with bath, overhead shower and heated towel rail
- Large, open plan and extremely well equipped kitchen with breakfast bench (seats 4), washer/dryer, fridge, freezer, electric oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, cafetiere and teapot.
- Comfortable and spacious lounge with 32" LCD TV with Freeview and Blu-Ray DVD player.
- Dining Area with wooden table and four chairs.
- Luxurious double bedroom with sea views over Aithsvoe and the village of Cunningsburgh. Recently refurnished with solid wood furniture. Ample space for a cot/z-bed.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Central heating throughout.
- Large lawn area with rotary drier and outdoor bench seating.
- Ample private parking.
- Serviced lets by arrangement.
Open all year round, we generally operate Saturday to Saturday bookings during peak season (May to September inclusive). Shorter stays during non-peak times will also be considered. Our standard weekly rate is from £500 to £600 (£71.43 to £85.71 per night) with a premium rate applicable over the festive period, festivals, events etc (details on request.)
From the Airport
Heading north from Sumburgh, turn right in Cunningsburgh at the 'Gord' sign. Follow the road for about half a mile, take the next left and the lodge is prominently located in an elevated position overlooking the Aithsvoe Marina.
From the Ferry Terminal
Head south from Lerwick and on entering Cunningsburgh (approx. 9 miles away) take a left turn at the 'Gord' sign just after the playing field on the right. Follow the road for about half a mile, take the next left and the property is prominently located in an elevated position overlooking the Aithsvoe Marina.
Address: Greenmow, Cunningsburgh, Shetland, ZE2 9HG